The best online colleges for information technology have a modern approach.
- Leading online IT schools deliver courses using multiple digital media, including video and interactive digital content.
- They also allow for continuous learning, with year-round and self-paced study options.
Good program design makes for an enjoyable online learning experience. It helps keep you engaged and allows you to work through course content efficiently.
Students miss out when instructors use old-fashioned teaching methods. Drop-out rates are high when online students are required to learn by reading text after text. Study is also less convenient if you are required to follow a traditional 2-semester calendar.
Good Colleges has ranked the top schools for online IT courses. Apart from using technology well, the best schools are popular, receive positive student feedback, and offer a range of well-priced degrees.
Why Get an Information Technology Degree Online?
If you're serious about a career in the computing field, studying online for an IT degree is probably a good move.
- Studying online suits people who are independent learners and able to put in solid study sessions at a computer. These are also handy qualities for an IT career.
- Getting a degree online tests your potential to be a good programmer, systems analyst or web developer.
An online IT program can save your time and money. Distance learning avoids the time and financial costs from having to live near a campus and get to classes each day. You are able to study wherever and whenever it suits. Online programs also tend to be cheaper than on-campus courses.
A further advantage of online IT courses is that they offer ways to get through a degree quickly.
- You may be able to study year-round (i.e. without semester breaks).
- Online IT courses may be self-paced or at least have self-paced elements. Where you are comfortable and/or familiar with a subject, you can move through program content faster.
Top Universities for Online IT Degrees
The top online universities for IT offer a valuable degree and a good learning experience.
Information technology is a field where you learn principles at college and practical skills on the job. Because IT is, by its nature, constantly changing, degree programs aim to provide foundation skills. You can expect to develop transferable programming and analysis skills, and be exposed to important concepts, languages and software.
The best colleges stimulate and challenge you mentally. Learning should be dynamic and interactive. That's why it's important for online courses to make full use of available technologies.
Good Colleges has ranked the top 4 IT schools based on:
- size (popularity) of the online university
- course ratings and feedback from students studying IT, information systems or computer science
- course features for IT degrees, including year-round starts and accelerated study options
- tuition fees.
Information Technology Quotes
Online degrees for all students
Students in our IT programs include established professionals, with focused aspirations and goals, as well as motivated career switchers and young aspiring technology professionals.
Flexible computing careers
Nearly every company needs a team of savvy computer experts to keep its systems up and running. You can find work in just about every industry.
IT job growth
The demand for college-educated IT professionals continues to increase as organizations from retail to manufacturing, business to science, improve and upgrade their IT infrastructures.